Bonaire's beaches are not the usual long stretches of white sand found on most Caribbean islands. They are breathtakingly beautiful nonetheless, with rugged shoreline and multicoloured coral sand of white, pink and black from the offshore reef.
Plaza Resort Bonaire's beach is one of the few sandy beaches on the island and is 500m long and 50-100m deep. On our beach you can enjoy sunbathing, swimming, snorkeling, diving and beach volleyball, as well as our Coconut Crash Beach Bar. The beach bar is very popular and is open from 11 am until late, serving food and drinks.
Other Bonaire Beaches
Below are some other beaches on Bonaire that you can explore during your Bonaire holiday. Some are good for swimming and snorkeling while others offer beautiful scenery. Nude sunbathing is illegal on Bonaire beaches.
Beaches in Washington-Slagbaai National Park:
- Boca Cocolishi - a volcanic black-sand beach
- Boca Slagbaai - snorkeling, swimming and flamingos, with facilities and concession
- Playa Funchi - snorkeling, flamingos, iguanas and lizards, no facilities
- Playa Lechi - located south of Kralendijk, popular beach for dining, swimming, sunbathing and snorkeling. Local fishermen bring their catch in along the pier.
- Lac Bay - Calm water good for windsurfing, swimming, and kayaking through mangroves
- Playa Chiquito - Strong currents not suitable for swimming
- Pink Beach - Good for swimming, picnics, snorkeling and diving
- 1000 Steps Beach - A long way from the road so uncrowded
Contact Us Now
For More Information or to Make Reservations!