Plaza Beach & Dive Resort Bonaire Is Open
For 25 years, we've welcomed guests to our Caribbean paradise and made valued friendships along the way. We know that any good relationship is built on trust, which is why we are sharing our updated health and safety protocols. Keeping our guests safe at Plaza Beach & Dive Resort Bonaire is our utmost priority.
When you stay at our resort, you'll notice the following enhanced procedures in place.
All resort facilities are open to overnight hotel guests and day visitors.
- Roped off sections to ensure appropriate social distancing at the entrance and the front desk
- Plexiglass dividers at the check-in counter
- Credit card machines disinfected before and after each use
- Prior to guest arrival, each room is deep-cleaned and sanitized, with extra attention to high-touch points
- A Plaza Pure Clean Promise sign on the door signifies the room has been inspected and is ready for guests
- Hand sanitizer is available in each room for guest use
- Bellmen will deliver luggage to the guest room door, but will not enter the room
- Housekeeping and maintenance will only enter when guests are not present
- Throughout the day, all public areas will be regularly cleaned and disinfected
- Hand sanitizing stations are located throughout the resort's public areas
- All staff will practice regular hand sanitizing procedures, adhere to social distancing whenever possible, and wear masks when social distancing is not possible
- Lounge chairs and cabanas are set up to comply with social distancing guidelines
- Pool attendants will practice regular hand sanitizing and observe appropriate social distancing while serving guests
Bar and Restaurant
- Tables and bar stools are arranged to comply with social distancing guidelines
- Breakfast is a served buffet, lunch and dinner feature a la carte service
- Bar and restaurant staff will practice regular hand sanitizing and wear masks, as required
- Shuttle passengers are limited to guests traveling together (no combined shuttle service)
- Bellmen will sanitize their hands before and after handling each shuttle group's luggage
- The shuttle will be sanitized before and after each guest transport
Check out our latest COVID-19 safety video for additional information.
For the latest information regarding COVID-19 on Bonaire, please visit the Bonaire Coronavirus Crisis website.
Safe and secure
At Van der Valk, the health, safety and well-being of our guests and employees are our utmost priority. In order to ensure a healthy and safe environment, we ask you to observe the following policies during your stay:
- Follow all indicated walking routes and hygiene measures
- Stay 1.5 meters away from other guests and employees
- Do not shake hands with fellow guests or hotel staff
- Wash your hands regularly and in accordance with RIVM guidelines
- Use paper towels to dry your hands
- Cough and sneeze in your elbow and turn away from fellow guests and hotel staff
- Pay with bank card whenever possible.
Do you have symptoms, including a cold, runny nose, sneezing, sore throat, mild cough or fever? We ask you to please stay home if you haven’t yet departed for Bonaire. Should you develop symptoms during your stay, we ask that you remain in your room and contact the front desk for further instruction.
We will do everything possible to make your stay safe, comfortable and enjoyable. Thank you for your confidence in Van der Valk, and we look forward to welcoming you to our hotel soon. Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us. firstname.lastname@example.org
Wish hospitable regards,
The Van der Valk Family
Individual reservations up to 10 rooms
- 50% of your stay will be charged to your credit card within 24 hours of the booking date.
- Your reservation is only guaranteed after receipt of your deposit.
- Cancellation free of charge up to 30 days before arrival.
- Changes or cancellations within 30 days before arrival will be charged 50%.
- Cancellations, changes on the day of arrival as well as No Show will be charged 100%.
- The remainder of the booking amount is payable upon arrival.
Frequently asked questions
Can Van der Valk be open as a hotel and restaurant?
Yes. According to government guidelines, we are allowed to be open as both a hotel and restaurant. However, limitations on the number of guests in our restaurant are currently in place. Seating will be done to comply with these restrictions.
Is visiting a Van der Valk hotel safe?
Van der Valk takes your health and that of our employees very seriously. We have enhanced measures in place at our hotels to minimize health risks. All Van der Valk hotels currently operate according to the latest recommendations from the RIVM. Find out more about these enhanced measures here.
As a hotel guest, can I use the restaurant and beach bar facilities?
Yes, of course! We have implemented enhanced safety measures to make your visit to our restaurant and beach bar as safe as possible.
What facilities are open in the hotel?
The restaurant, swimming pool, beach bar, and dive shop are all open. Per current government regulations, our casino is closed.
Is it possible to rent a golf cart or vehicle at the hotel?
Yes, it is possible to make these arrangements. Please contact the front desk with your request.
Can I cancel or change my booking?
Yes. Please view our cancellation policy terms: https://www.plazaresortbonaire.com/en/terms-conditions